- Increasing access to primary health care
- Advancing evidence based community health initiatives
- Promoting health care for all regardless of race, income, gender, or age
- Developing the next generation of health care leaders
What Can the Wisconsin HealthCorps Do For You?
- Gain professional experience in the health care field
- Offer the opportunity to serve populations in a medically underserved area
- Develop a greater sense of civic engagement and a connection to the national service movement
- Help prepare you for graduate or medical school
Take a look at our Alumni Page to see where past members are today!
Am I Eligible?
To serve in the Wisconsin HealthCorps you must:
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Be a high school graduate (college graduates preferred)
- Be willing and able to commit to a full-time position – 1700 hours – for one year
- Not be on the registered sex offender list of any state
Transportation & Housing Considerations
- Due to program trainings taking place throughout the state, a car is required
- Current HealthCorps members and our host sites can assist in finding out of state or out of town applicants housing options
View our Program Introduction PowerPoint to get a better feel for member requirements and benefits